ABOUT LAB RASCALS LIMITED
Sharing excitement and the joy of science with the next generation since 2012.
We are an award winning interactive science entertainment company in Yorkshire and the Humber. We educate, inspire and entertain children with the magnificent world of science.
Due to our extensive research at the University of Hull into children’s perceptions of science we leave all the “flashes and bangs” in the Lab bring only the most enjoyable and engaging hands-on experimentation and shows into your school. Every Lab Rascals workshop is led by DBS checked highly trained scientists.
OUR OBJECTIVES AND STANDARDS
· To inspire and engage children in to science and engineering at a young age via fun hands-on experimentation.
· To change the negative perception of science being all “flashes and bangs” which most children associate with danger.
· To encourage children into science and engineering careers with is vital for the future growth of the UK economy.
· All workshops are tested and evaluated to ensure the highest of quality.
· All lead staff have a degree of above in a science based subject.
· We are passionate about inspiring and educating children.
· We are positive scientific role models.
ABOUT THE DIRECTOR!
I was a nightmare child. Mixing my mums best cosmetics to make potions, collecting snails to keep as pets under my bed and pouring washing up liquid over the cat was just a few things my parents had to deal with. As a child I discovered science gave me the ability to experiment without getting into trouble. I began to really love science by the age of 12 and the ability to share my enjoyment is something I became passionate about at University. After finishing University I searched for a career in science outreach and discovered it didn’t exist. Been armed with a vast amounts of chemistry knowledge and the determination to inspire others Lab Rascals was created with a lot of hard work. I’m very proud in creating Lab Rascals and developing it into what it is today and look forwards to inspiring future generations to come.